Saturday, October 31, 2009

Distress Ink Tags

I designed these tags. They are all focussing on Distress Inks.

This is a masking and blending technique. You blend your tag first with the desired colors using your blending tool. Then you stamp your butterfly. You create another butterfly out of paper and cut out. This is your mask. You apply the butterfly mask over the stamped butterfly using non permanent tape, and stamp your flourish over the top. Then you remove your butterfly mask. I then colored the butterfly in with the distress ink smooched onto a plastic sheet and used my aquash brush.
This is was applied by stamping the ink pad onto a plastic sheet, and spritzing with water. Then I used the blending tool to apply the ink to the tag. I stamped my image with the distress ink and embossed it. Yes distress inks can be embossed, but you have to work quickly.
I first stamped my image with the embossing pad and used white embossing powder. This was my resist image. Then I used two colors stamped onto my plastic sheet and spritzed with water until it beads. I then put the tag directly on the spritzed distress ink. I dried it off with the heat gun and repeated the process 2 more times. Then I spritzed it with a mixture of water and perfects pearls in my mini mister and heat set again. It leaves a nice shimmery effect.

No comments: